Welcome to year 6/7 Moore’s class blog for 2017. We will be using our blog to share work samples, photos, video and special events with students and families. Students and teachers will be updating the site regularly. Use of digital technologies plays a big part in our classroom, a couple of other websites we regularly use include:
– Edmodo: Parents can receive a code to access their child’s work samples and graded work across several learning areas. Students use this website daily to submit completed work; complete quizzes; get assignment outlines etc.
– Google Classroom: We are introducing Google Classroom this year as part of our new Chromebook computing pod.
– Edublogs: Students have access to their own digital blog to share significant pieces of writing, art and design samples, and recounts of the school year. All blogs can be accessed from the sidebar by using the code HCSPS2017.
– Vimeo: Videos can be downloaded from Vimeo and shared with family and friends. Videos highlight special events and learning activities.
– Flickr: Lots of art and design projects and pieces of work are displayed on our Flikr feed.
Students will be completing internet safety lessons and follow strict guidelines when sharing information, photos, video and other media online. We are a BYO device school for students with access to laptops, iPads etc. We are extending our digital learning this year with the introduction of a ‘pod’ of Chromebooks which students will use regularly across many subject areas.